If you’re new to Salt Lake City of a just in the process of planning to relocate to Salt Lake City then there are a few things you will want to know to make sure that you can your family get settled as quickly and easily as possible. This is our Salt Lake City Newcomers guide to get you on the right track.
New to Salt Lake City: Finding A Job
If you have moved to Salt Lake City and need to find a job then there are a lot of great resources available to help you find the perfect opportunity to suit you and your family life.
To help start your search you could try these resources:
New to Salt Lake City: Getting on the Road
If you are relocating to Salt Lake City from outside of Utah then you might need to think about getting your vehicle registered and getting a new state driver’s license.
If you are planning to get a new license there are a few steps to follow:
- Schedule an appointment online, or just walk into the office
- Complete the application form (you can do this online before you attend the appointment if you wish)
- Get a photo taken
- Give evidence that you have complete the appropriate driver training course. This can be done by giving over your current driver’s license. If you don’t want to do this you will have to get a learner’s permit and use that for 90 days
- Show proof of your identity, including your social security number and two proofs of your residence in Utah.
- You will have to take an eye exam and then, one or both a written and practical test.
- Pay a fee of $32 or $39 if you are 20 or under.
Some helpful links:
- Find more information about what registration taxes and fees and needed
- Get a summary of the costs of registrations
- Check that you have all the correct documents before attending your driver’s license appointment
- Schedule an appointment online to get your Utah driver’s license
- Check the location of the driver’s license office in Salt Lake City
New to Salt Lake City: Enrolling your Kids in School
Before you decide exactly where you kids are going to go to school you will want to get the low down on the option available to you. After all a good education is one of the key’s ingredients to the American dream.
New to Salt Lake City: Registering to Vote
Getting registered to vote in your new state is a big deal. You don’t want to miss out on the chance to have your voice heard so make sure you get yourself signed up. If you are getting a Utah driver’s license you will be asked then if you wish to register to vote, so you can kill two birds with one stone.
You can also register to vote online, it’s really easy to do, so there’s no reason to put it off.