The dog days of summer are upon us! We know how much your four-legged friend enjoys hanging with you, wherever you go. Summer in Salt Lake is bursting with options for you and your pooch to get out and enjoy the sunshine. Here are a few of our top picks.
Parks to take your dogs
- Tanner Park –Plenty of space and great trails for your four-legged friend to run off leash and even enjoy a running creek (stay clear if water is running fast).
2760 Heritage Way
- Herman Franks Park-Large gravel area for your dog to run and play. Two entrances are well stocked with bags so you can clean up after your pooch.
1300 South 700 East
Hikes for you and your dog
- Neff’s Canyon-Beautiful scenery and well-groomed trails with a lovely stream. The hike is 6.2 miles and steep in some areas.
4326 White Way
- Millcreek Canyon-Anther great option to hike with the your four-legged kid. Fairley easy trails with stream and places to stop for a picnic. Depending on the day, your dog may or may not have to be on-leash. Even numbered days they are required to be on-leash.
3800 Millcreek Canyon Road
Patio Friendly Spots
- Campfire Lounge– with a cool vibe and a great pet-friendly patio, Campfire Lounge serves brunch, drinks and all your favorite snacks like tater tots and mac ‘n cheese bites. With three firepits to gather around, plan on spending a few hours.
837 E. 2100 South
- Flatbread-Serving pizza, flatbreads and pastas, this sugar house haunt is a fun gathering place to bring all the kiddos, including your hound.
2121 S. McClelland Street, Suite 109