Best Places to Take Your Dog in the Winter
It may be cold outside, but your four-legged friend still enjoys being outside and getting that much-needed exercise. There are several dog-friendly places to enjoy even in the winter months, and avid hikers love to ‘break trail’, just be sure to bundle up!
Elbow Fork-Millcreek Canyon
A 4.8 hike, with moderate difficulty. On odd days, your canine can enjoy the space off-leash.
Neffs Canyon- 4326 White Way, Salt Lake City
A 5.5-mile round-trip hike that can be moderate to difficult, with some great views. No leash required.
Red Butte Road-Red Butte Canyon
Within minutes of the University of Utah campus, this hike is 1.6 miles, perfect for a light workout day.
Grandeur Peak- Front side off of 3300 South
Another 5.5- mile hike round trip, also moderate in difficulty. One of Utah’s quickest mountains to summit with beautiful views.
If hiking is not on the agenda for the day, take your furry friend to one of these dog-friendly patios:
- Brewhouse Pub 1722 South Fremont Drive
- Campfire Lounge837 East 2100 South
- Caputo’s 15th & 15th1516 South 1500 East
- Fisher Brewing Company320 West 800 South
- Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria2121 South McClelland St
- Pig and a Jelly Jar401 East 900 South
- Pig and a Jelly Jar1968 East Murray Holladay Rd.
- Prohibition151 East 6100 South
- Proper Burger Co.865 South Main Street
- Squatters 147 West Broadway
- Taqueria 27149 East 200 South
- Taqueria 271615 South Foothill Blvd
- Taqueria 274670 South Holladay Blvd
- Taqueria 276154 South State Street