3 Best Ways Real Estate Agents Can Manage Time
While time management is essential in all occupations, it’s an especially important skill for real estate agents that hope to be successful in their field.
If you’re a real estate agent that wants to take their career to the next level this year, keep reading for tips on how to manage time successfully.
1. Start Every Day With a Plan
Sometimes being a real estate agent can feel like being your boss. Because of this, it’s vital for real estate agents to go into each workday with a plan.
It’s helpful to get into a routine where you plan daily, either early in the morning or in the evening for the next day. Highlight what needs to get done, including any appointment times, and block out time for all these activities. By starting the day with a plan, you can stay organized and know what you realistically have time for.
2. Stay Organized
Staying organized is a must for being successful in real estate. If you’re disorganized, you can disappoint and steer away from potential and current clients. Find a scheduler or task management system that works for you.
If you’re a pen and paper person, consider getting a planner to help you manage your time.
Planners are a great option because you can block out time by the half-hour, making sure you know what’s on the agenda daily, weekly, and monthly. If you choose this option, make sure you keep your planner on you constantly in a briefcase or purse, so that you can refer back to it at any time.
If this seems archaic to you, there are plenty of digital task managing options that you can access from your laptop or mobile. There are many free options, such as Glip and Airtable. These apps are a great option, as you can access them from anywhere.
3. Stay Distraction- and Procrastination-Free
Whether you work at an office or from home, distractions are everywhere. It’s a good idea to limit distractions in your workspace. Get in the habit of zoning into your work with a Focus playlist.
If you don’t need your phone for whatever work you’re doing, turn it off or put it away. Finding your own habits that lead to a distraction-free work zone can seriously help you stay on task. Try to limit multitasking, as it’s a sure way to get off-topic and can reduce the quality of your work.
We all have times where we put tasks off, especially those that are more difficult than others. Procrastinating is a sure way to cause yourself even more stress in the workplace. Give yourself time to get your work done so that you can produce impressive work.
If there’s something on your list you don’t want to do, try doing it first. This takes the pressure off and lets the rest of the day flow much more quickly.
4. Monique’s Time Management Recommendations & Schedule
1. Get up early. Monique starts her day at 5:45 am to fit in some personal and mental wellness before the day gets going. In real estate, you’re often working into the evening or on weekends showing homes – which means that morning is gold for real estate agents.
2. Find a way to work out. She generally tries to get to the gym by 6:15 am before she has to get her kids out the door to school. Choosing a gym close to your house makes it much more likely that you’ll go.
3. Monique says, “I like to plan my day out at the beginning of the day with tasks so I can be very efficient with my time while driving around, etc. I work from my phone while I am waiting for clients to show up, etc in order to stay caught up.”
4. Delegate tasks to assistants. You can’t do it all. This might include personal tasks like grocery shopping, running errands or planning travel.
5. Know your worth. Another Monique-ism, “I have a house cleaner and try to hire out any services that cost me less per hour than I am worth in order to maximize productivity.”
Make your career in real estate the best it can be by following these simple steps to manage time effectively.
For more on real estate, and to check out homes for sale in Salt Lake City, head to our site today!