Does thinking about hiring a realtor gives you a headache?
How many of your neighbors and friends have handed you their business card? Chances are, you’ve got quite a few. It seems everyone and their uncle is a real estate agent nowadays.
How do you sift through the endless sea of licensed agents and find one that’s the right fit for you?
It can be a stressful task without any guidance. And deciding to work with the wrong one can be just as stressful!
But don’t worry! We’re here for you. Here are 8 quick tips to show you how to choose a real estate broker.
A Crash Course in Hiring A Realtor
- Availability– In a hot market when you are buying or selling, you need to have an agent that has time for you or you will miss out on some good houses
- Market Knowledge– Look for an agent that specializes in the area you want to buy or sell in and knows the market stats
- Experience– An experienced agent can help to get your home sold faster and also offer you a network of other professionals (mortgage lenders, home inspectors, etc.) to help with whatever you may need throughout the process
- Resources– Hiring a realtor who understands the whole picture is critical when dealing with things like financing, contracts, contingencies, and addendums
- New Marketing: Social Media– Marketing your house has changed to the point where you need an agent who has an active, professional presence on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- The agent sells real estate full time– Finding an agent who sells houses full-time means they will have more time to work on your home, and they’ve been successful enough-and been successful long enough-at it not to need another part-time job
- Ask your friends and family for suggestions– Agents who are good at what they can work on referral business alone, so someone you know may have worked with a rock star agent who can’t be found on the traditional marketing platforms.
- They are willing to listen– You can spot an agent who won’t listen to their customers from a mile away, and chances are they won’t fall in-line with any of the other 7 tips we’ve given you, but just be on the lookout for them!
Bringing it Home
Buying or selling a house is the biggest decision most people make in their lives because of the high price tag, and people are usually buying or selling in association with some other life event going on(having a baby, getting married, getting a new job, or downsizing because of an “empty nest”).
Here at Market Source Real Estate, we understand how complicated hiring a realtor can seem. We’re here to help and show you that it can be a simple, pain-free process.
We pride ourselves on putting our clients’ needs first and will answer any questions you have to help put your mind at ease.
This is your life, your house, and we want you to be 100% certain you’re in the best hands for the job.
Call Monique to get started, or subscribe to our blog to keep updated on what’s going on in Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas.