Please Note: We’re continuing to post about local businesses, events, and area attractions; however, things often change due to COVID-19 restrictions. So please, double-check before you visit any of our recommended spots to confirm availability, accessibility, or any restrictions. Stay safe. Be well. And support Local! Thank you.
Tucked just a few blocks southeast of downtown and blocks north of Sugar House is a little residential and commercial neighborhood. Called 9th and 9th for the intersection of 9th south and 9th east. There are plenty of things to do in 9th and 9th – with great eating, shopping and activities that could keep you here all day.
Activities & Things to do in 9th & 9th:
9th & 9th is a great place to spend the day hanging out – with lots to do and lots of interesting people, it is a great spot for spending the day.
- Catch a Movie at the Historic Tower Theater – Known for showing older and cult films all year, you can always catch a movie at the Tower theater. As part of the Salt Lake Film Society, the Tower features some of the best independent films all year, and during the Sundance Film Festival, you can catch many of the Sundance films there as well. Count on the Tower of Terror every October which includes regular showings of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Grab a Coffee & Conversation – Stop in for a coffee and some people watching at The Coffee Garden. A local institution so popular it put a Starbucks across the street out of business. For all things coffee and pastry in the 9th and 9th area, this is your spot.
- 9th and 9th Street Festival – A summer festival that is not to be missed! With plenty of music, food, art, family, and friends; there is always something exciting going on at the festival.
Things to do in 9th and 9th: Shopping
There is a cute little pocket shopping district here – with multiple independent shops. Here are a couple of our faves:
- Hip and Humble – a local lifestyle boutique with two locations, the first in the 9th and 9th neighborhood. Here you will find clothing, gifts, books and home decor for all the ladies in your life. Guys, are you paying attention?
- Just down the road a block from Hip and Humble is The Stockist. With clothing and accessories for men, women, and children as well as jewelry and home decor, you are sure to find something for everyone on your gift list. Or do a little shopping for yourself.
Things to do in 9th and 9th: Where to Eat
There are a bunch of great places to eat in the 9th & 9th area – all within a few blocks. It is worth grabbing a drink and one spot and moving on to another for dinner.
- Pizza Nono – You’ve been out all day shopping or playing, or working for that matter, and you need to unwind a little. Walk up the street a little to this little gem, Pizza Nono, for a simple but stellar traditional Neapolitan inspired pizza. High-quality ingredients, locally sourced when available, make for some excellent pizza. Go check them out; you won’t be disappointed.
- After dinner, head around the corner to East Liberty Tap House for a drink or another bite. With an ever-changing menu, based on ingredient availability, they focus on quality food and drink. And their well-curated selection of craft beer on tap will keep you coming back, only six taps, but you know they will all be excellent.
- And Publik Kitchen may be more of a breakfast and coffee place, but you can snag a great sandwich at lunch. Try the BLT or the Chicken Salad Melt for something truly inspiring. They make a great avocado toast too.
- Finally, if you are craving something sweet, look no further than Dolcetti Gelato! Utahns LOVE their ice cream. And Dolcetti’s is some of the BEST!
Ready to explore all the things to do in 9th and 9th? Here is more information about the area!