Relocating can complicated and stressful. There are a lot of pieces to coordinate – from buying a home, to packing, to moving, to little details like getting a new driver’s license and filling out change of address forms. We get it. That is why you want to work with a real estate relocation agent to help you navigate all the complicated challenges that come with moving across the country.
Here are 3 things that a real estate relocation agent can help you with:
1. They can help you narrow down your search.
If you are house hunting in a city you don’t know it can be hard to narrow down which neighborhoods are a good fit your your lifestyle and personality. These things are beyond just bedroom and bathroom count.
For example you:
- Like living in the heart of the city and restaurants, concerts and nightlife are important to you
- Need a yard for pets / kids
- Don’t want a long commute, so need something close to you office
- Would rather not have to worry about major upkeep or don’t have time to do any remodeling and so would prefer a new home
- Love to cook/entertain and not only want a nice kitchen but would like to be close to a local farmers market and specialty shops
- Prefer to commute via bike of public transportation
- You like to go running or hiking outside and would like easy access to trails
A real estate relocation agent can help tailor your search to an area that is will fit YOU.
2. A real estate relocation agent doesn’t just know the market, they know people
As you are house hunting, a real estate relocation expert can help you with other resources all well.
- Finding a quality lender
- Connecting with contractors to help with any home repairs
- Insurance agents
- Cleaning services
- Unpacking and organizing services
Their relationships can save you time, money and hassle.
3. They can help you find all the *hidden* gems
Every city has hidden nooks and corners that take time to get to know. A real estate relocation agent can give you an insider’s perspective to make you feel right at home.
They can tell you about things like:
- Concert and live music venues
- Local sports teams
- Farmers markets, specialty shops, food events
- Museums and local attractions
- Parks, zoos and kids activities
- The best bars and top restaurants
- Festivals, fairs, special events
- Places to hike, ski or snowboard, bike
Find additional relocation resources and our tips for relocating to Salt Lake City HERE:
- Relocating to Salt Lake City? Here’s Where to Start
- Market Source Real Estate Relocation Services
- Jeremy On Why You Should Find a Good Real Estate Relocation Agent